INSTANT HARMONICA – play better now by building your tone. Tone is the holy grail of any instrument and we will explore 27 ways to improve your tone.
What are the requirements?
- You need nothing for this course - just a harmonica - 10 hole diatonic in the key of C and maybe a G and A would be handy but not essential
What am I going to get from this course?
- learn great tone on your harmonica now!
- have fun knowing how to play the harmonica better
- knock people out with your sound
- affect people on an emotional level with your playing
Who is the target audience?
- This course is for complete beginners; intermediates and advanced players will also benefit; you don't need any musical experience, I'll walk you through the whole thing very slowly step by step. If you are an advanced player you will cover the whole thing very fast and you may find it is too slow for you
Ben Hewlett is passionate about teaching people like you how to play the harmonica really well.
Ben's video courses are here and if you prefer pesonal coaching and mentoring from Ben please visit www.harmonicamastery.com.
He works hard using his teaching skills to figure out how he can help you get better as a player, understand more, have more fun, and he hopes you will enjoy sharing his love of the harmonica and music in general.
He has attracted nearly 50,000 on-line harmonica students with 70,000 courses purchased and has nearly 5 thousand Youtube subscribers showing nearly 2 million views. They can't all be wrong!
Ben is the ex-Vice-President and ex-Chairman of HarmonicaUK - the community for UK harmonica players
He has been a full-time Professional Harmonica Instructor since 1995
Ben is a qualified harmonica teacher and was awarded the Accredited Diatonic Harmonica Teacher Certificate in 1993 - HTAB (Harmonica Teachers Accreditation Board, supported by Lee Oskar Harmonicas, HarmonicaUK and the International Harmonica Organisation)
Ben is a qualified music workshop leader and was awarded the Certificate of Music Workshop Skills (Goldsmiths University of London) in 1995
Ben is a qualified music teacher and was awarded the Certificate of Teaching - Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in 2002 (CTABRSM)
StartVibrato, hot air and pulsing the breath (7:05)
StartHeight of the tongue (2:56)
StartBig Walter talks about his tone
StartBreathing and posture (4:21)
StartSecret weapon - your hands and your bones (9:45)
StartRelax! and using teeth (3:08)
StartWhich harmonica to use? (3:51)
StartPhil's playing - what's changed? (7:05)
StartPhil playing - at the beginning and end of the session (2:19)
StartWrapping up the course (2:02)