DUMMIES - simple easy Harmonica tuition for tone-deaf musically hopeless newbies!
Easy Harmonica basics for non-musicians: how to play the Harmonica in 13 easy lectures. You can do it - yes - even YOU!Watch Promo to get a sneaky peek!
If you can already play harmonica this is not for you; this is for complete newbies.
If you feel like a tone-deaf musically hopeless dummy, this is for you.
This course will show you that, in fact, this is not true. You will be able to do 90% of what you learn here almost immediately.
You will find it fun, easy, and gradually you will prove to yourself that actually you are capable of playing music.
This course will introduce you to playing harmonica. It's not super in-depth and you won't have to study music as such. You won't even realise you are playing music until it's too late and you are already doing it!
You will learn which instrument to buy, how to hold the thing, how to make it sound good, how to breathe better, how to play along with some easy blues tunes and how to actually play several tunes like the Hoochie Coochie, Love Me Do, When the Saints.
By taking this course you will gain enough skills on harmonica to actually play with a band if you wish!
But most of all the purpose of this course is all about you - it's to give you loads of fun and to boost your self esteem so that you become a NON tone-deaf musically hopeless dummy.
- If you can breathe you can play the harmonica
- You will learn the basics of harmonica with no musical experience
- You will learn which harmonica to buy (10hole diatonic in C)
- You will learn how to hold the thing and how to make it sound good
- You will learn how to make some amazing sounds like 'Train Rhythms'
- You will learn to play several well known tunes
- You will learn to realise you are NOT a dummy, NOT tone-deaf, and NOT musically hopeless!
- I expect you to have ZERO musical experience or knowledge
- I expect you to feel you are MUSICALLY HOPELESS with no skills in music
- All you need is a harmonica - a 10hole diatonic. Any make or quality is fine
- This is for newbies who feel they are tone-deaf; a musically hopeless dummy!
Ben Hewlett is passionate about teaching people like you how to play the harmonica really well.
He works hard using his teaching skills to figure out how he can help you get better as a player, understand more, have more fun, and he hopes you will enjoy sharing his love of the harmonica and music in general.
He has attracted 39,000 on-line harmonica students with 51,000 courses purchased and has nearly 5 thousand Youtube subscribers showing nearly 2 million views. They can't all be wrong!
Ben is the Chairman of HarmonicaUK - the community for UK harmonica players
He has been a full time Professional Harmonica Instructor since 1995
Ben is a qualified harmonica teacher and was awarded the Accredited Diatonic Harmonica Teacher Certificate in 1993 - HTAB (Harmonica Teachers Accreditation Board, supported by Lee Oskar Harmonicas, HarmonicaUK and the International Harmonica Organisation)
Ben is a qualified music workshop leader and was awarded the Certificate of Music Workshop Skills (Goldsmiths University of London) in 1995
Ben is a qualified music teacher and was awarded the Certificate of Teaching - Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in 2002 (CTABRSM)
He is lousy at speelling - getting worse actually, so do tell us if you see a typo pleese.