Welcome to the Playharmonica VIP 5 star Membership!
Firstly we’d like to thank you for joining. Whether you’re a complete beginner or you’re returning to hone your skills we are confident that like many of our students you will find Ben’s teaching style informative and easy to get to grips with.
Ben is Vice-President of HarmonicaUK - the home of UK harmonica players.
This is the place to be if you want the very best in harmonica tuition, community, and learning.
Joining here gives you access to:
- All future video courses
- All current video courses
- All past courses
- All LIVE classes
- Recordings of LIVE classes to watch later
- Discounts at Ben's mail order shop SonnyboysMusicStore.co.uk
- Exclusive Q&A with Ben
- Exclusive sessions with guest stars
- Introductory membership of HarmonicaUK
- Ben's ear as needed!
There’s no contract, you can jump out if it’s not working for you.
So jump in now and let’s go!
Which course to take first? We need a road map here.
It depends on your current level; each course is steered towards a specific level of player.
*What level are you? Here's the guide:
Beginners are deemed to be people who have ever played before or not played much. You will be expected to ‘have a go’ at playing single notes and chords but you don’t need to perfect it - just try. You will get some challenges but you will overcome them!
Beginners would only use the green stripe (Beginners) courses initially starting with 'Dummies', '30-day challenge' and/or '7 days zero to hero'.
Then 'Train Sounds', 'How to Hack your harmonica', 'Harmonica Hits and Hooks', 'Love me Do' and all the other green stripe courses. Then go to the Intermediates selection below.
Intermediates would only use the orange stripe (Intermediates) courses initially starting with 'Basic 12 bar blues', 'Harmonica Masterclass on Tone', 'Learn 7 simple imPro techniques', 'the easy way to bend notes', 'Tongue-blocking', 'Impro from scratch'. Of course, you can take all the green beginners courses and skim them as well - you are bound to learn something or at least confirm you know all that easy stuff!
Intermediates are deemed to be people who have been playing for a while.
- Can play single notes most of the time
- Have started bending some notes
- Know something about the chords
- Have some musical knowledge
- May know about tongue blocking
- Nervous to perform in public
- Hiding in the corners at jam sessions not joining in much
Intermediates Plus would only use the red stripe (Intermediates plus) courses but also cherry-pick from the others.
Intermediates Plus means everything written above plus...
- Pretty good on single notes and most bending
- Can pucker, tongue-block, and U-block
- Knowledgeable about 12 bar blues structure
- Independent rhythm makers
- Independent tune players
- Knowledgeable about and can play in different styles
- Knowledgeable about and can play in the styles of different harmonica players
- Maybe starting to teach harmonica
- Good at improvising in many styles of music
- Knowledgeable in the workings and engineering of the instrument
- Often attending harmonica events and jams
- Comfortable performing in public
Here are some of the courses you get:
Ben Hewlett is passionate about teaching people like you how to play the harmonica really well.
Ben's video courses are here and if you prefer pesonal coaching and mentoring from Ben please visit www.harmonicamastery.com.
He works hard using his teaching skills to figure out how he can help you get better as a player, understand more, have more fun, and he hopes you will enjoy sharing his love of the harmonica and music in general.
He has attracted nearly 50,000 on-line harmonica students with 70,000 courses purchased and has nearly 5 thousand Youtube subscribers showing nearly 2 million views. They can't all be wrong!
Ben is the Vice-President of HarmonicaUK - the community for UK harmonica players
He has been a full-time Professional Harmonica Instructor since 1995
Ben is a qualified harmonica teacher and was awarded the Accredited Diatonic Harmonica Teacher Certificate in 1993 - HTAB (Harmonica Teachers Accreditation Board, supported by Lee Oskar Harmonicas, HarmonicaUK and the International Harmonica Organisation)
Ben is a qualified music workshop leader and was awarded the Certificate of Music Workshop Skills (Goldsmiths University of London) in 1995
Ben is a qualified music teacher and was awarded the Certificate of Teaching - Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in 2002 (CTABRSM)