Get started now!
Welcome to the Playharmonica Gold Membership!
Firstly we’d like to thank you for joining. Whether you’re a complete beginner or you’re returning to hone your skills we are confident that like many of our students you will find Ben’s teaching style informative and easy to get to grips with.
This is the place to be if you want the very best in harmonica tuition, community, and learning.
Joining here gives you access to:
- All future courses
- 33 current courses
- HarmonicaUK membership (Ben is Vice-President of HarmonicaUK)
There’s no contract, you can jump out if it’s not working for you.
So jump in now and let’s go!
Which course to take first? We need a road map here.
It depends on your current level; each course is steered towards a specific level of player.
*What level are you? Scroll down for the guide.
Beginners are deemed to be people who have ever played before or not played much. You will be expected to ‘have a go’ at playing single notes and chords but you don’t need to perfect it - just try. You will get some challenges but you will overcome them!
Beginners would only use the green stripe (Beginners) courses initially and then go to the Intermediates selection below.
Intermediates would only use the orange stripe (Intermediates) courses initially.
Intermediates are deemed to be people who have been playing for a while.
- Can play single notes most of the time
- Have started bending some notes
- Know something about the chords
- Have some musical knowledge
- May know about tongue blocking
- Nervous to perform in public
- Hiding in the corners at jam sessions not joining in much
Intermediates Plus can use the red stripe (Intermediates plus) courses, and also cherry-pick from the others.
Intermediates Plus means everything written above plus...
- Pretty good on single notes and most bending
- Can pucker, tongue-block, and U-block
- Knowledgeable about 12 bar blues structure
- Independent rhythm makers
- Independent tune players
- Knowledgeable about and can play in different styles
- Knowledgeable about and can play in the styles of different harmonica players
- Maybe starting to teach harmonica
- Good at improvising in many styles of music
- Knowledgeable in the workings and engineering of the instrument
- Often attending harmonica events and jams
- Comfortable performing in public
Ben Hewlett is passionate about teaching people like you how to play the harmonica really well.
Ben's video courses are here and if you prefer pesonal coaching and mentoring from Ben please visit www.harmonicamastery.com.
He works hard using his teaching skills to figure out how he can help you get better as a player, understand more, have more fun, and he hopes you will enjoy sharing his love of the harmonica and music in general.
He has attracted nearly 50,000 on-line harmonica students with 70,000 courses purchased and has nearly 5 thousand Youtube subscribers showing nearly 2 million views. They can't all be wrong!
Ben is the Vice-President of HarmonicaUK - the community for UK harmonica players
He has been a full-time Professional Harmonica Instructor since 1995
Ben is a qualified harmonica teacher and was awarded the Accredited Diatonic Harmonica Teacher Certificate in 1993 - HTAB (Harmonica Teachers Accreditation Board, supported by Lee Oskar Harmonicas, HarmonicaUK and the International Harmonica Organisation)
Ben is a qualified music workshop leader and was awarded the Certificate of Music Workshop Skills (Goldsmiths University of London) in 1995
Ben is a qualified music teacher and was awarded the Certificate of Teaching - Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in 2002 (CTABRSM)
"This was a very good course, Ben's communication skills are always clear and precise. This course is easy to understand verbally and there are lots of good clear demonstrations too. I particularly like the background information that Ben gives on this course including visual and written information."
"I found this video easy to understand because it was spaced out so clearly. Each exercise was clearly demonstrated which made them easy to follow plus, the tabulature was also offered which was clearly seen at the top right hand side of the screen. I found this to be a great advantage due to being able to write them down so I could remember them. This was an excellent video and it certainly deserves a five star rating."
Courses Included with Purchase
Original Price: £416
Frequently Asked Questions
Hi, thanks for reading all this stuff!
You can cancel and jump out anytime if you are not finding this useful.
All the best, enjoy the courses - there's another coming your way next month!
- Email [email protected]
- pm me via this site.
- You can add me as a contact on Skype (ID benhewlettbenhewlett) - mention harmonica lessons so I don't ignore you.
- You can call me at home (UK office hours) on +44 (0)7973 284366.
- Or friend me on facebook and use FB messenger.
- I also have Facetime, Line, Whatsapp, Viber and others if you prefer to use that.